The Problem The level of insecurity country wide is disturbing. There is unwanted
loss of innocent lives and property through an escalation of crime, internal conflicts,
social unrest and domestic violence. Crimes such as banditry, cattle rustling, robbery,
drug trafficking, ethnic clashes, house breaking and economic crimes are on the rise.
The situation has contributed to stagnation of the economy. It has reduced life expectancy
and greatly affected national planning and development. As a result we have a desperate
population within hope or assurance of better life. This cannot be allowed to continue.
The police force is demoralized due to poor remuneration, housing and medical schemes.
It is poorly equipped. It is corrupt and inefficient. Some regions of Kenya have
been prone to violence. Although the violence resulting from these conflicts has
adversely affected all Kenyans, the women and children are the worst affected. The
economy and the environment have not been spared either. Insecurity and armed conflicts
have led to internal displacements of the people.
There cannot be development without peace and security.
Policy Vision Shirikisho envisions having a peaceful and stable country where the
lives of individuals and property are protected. We also want to see a well equipped
motivated and efficient police force.
Action Shirikisho will:
1. Develop and strengthen the Police force by;
Introducing proper recruitment methods,
Properly and adequately train its members,
Provide it with better equipments,
Improve the working and living condition of its members.
Making it independent
2. Improve the relationship between the police force and the people.
3. Create an independent Anti-Narcotics police unit.
4. Facilitate diplomatic solution to Inter-Territorial conflict on cross boarder
cattle raids and between local paternalists communities.
5. Strengthen and improve the existing anti-corruption and devolve its operation
to the regions.
6. Implement the national framework addressing gender based violence.
7. Create awareness about the negative effects of tribalism.