The Problem Sport is one of the major social activity in Kenya, it provides opportunities
for the youth to interact and recreate. In infect reduces idolisms and antisocial
behavior in youth. Globally, sports is a highly developed industry attracting foreign
exchange. It also contributes to the world peace and entertainment; however Kenya
has lacked a clear sports policy which will promote sports in becoming a well developed
The government has neglected sporting facilities; this has hindered the development
of sport and has force most of the youth to engage in harmful practices. The problem
has been compounded by political interference, tribalism and corruption. The school
curricular has put less emphasis in sports leading to failure in identifying sporting
talents at an early age of human development. Consequently, sports has deteriorated
to an alarming low. Our athletes now change nationality to seek greener pastures
elsewhere due to lack of recognition back home and our football federation is in
Policy Vision Shirikisho envision a country with a clear sports policy. Where sporting
talents is identified and nurtured at early age, where the government will improve
sports facilities. The party also envisions a developed school curriculum that emphasizes
on sports development in schools.
Action Shirikisho will:
1. Develop a sports policy that will ensure the development of sports in the country.
2. Ensure through legal provision that sports development in incorporated in school
3. Provide and maintain sports facilities throughout the country.
4. Market and lobbying for hosting of international sporting events for purposes
for promoting sports and earning foreign exchange.
5. Ensure Kenya has a good sporting relationship will all International sporting